Senior Software Consultant
Think Open Source development, Cloud, Data and distributed systems. As a consultant at OpenCredo, you will get to interact with emerging platforms and technologies to solve our clients' complex problems. We believe working in teams gets the best results - so you won't be working alone. OCers are curious, tenacious and love throwing themselves at hard problems. They are equally passionate about sharing, explaining and exploring ideas with others. Sound like your kind of thing?
When it comes to delivering on the possibilities of Open Source development and modern scalable apps, you know your stuff. And now, you’re looking to broaden your experience and raise your profile within software development.
This is a hands-on, exciting opportunity to excel in emerging platforms, technologies, major software and services, to deliver serious results for some exceptional clients. You count curiosity, tenacity and pragmatism among your strong points. You embrace learning and exploring new tools, techniques and approaches.
If you’re passionate about having the freedom to use the right tool for the right purpose, and staying at the forefront of open source emerging technologies, then this is the role for you.
You already have a solid understanding of…
- Programming languages with expertise in Java, and at least one other such as Go, Scala, Python or Ruby
- Writing Clean Quality Code which you take real pride in, including testing
- Modern Web & Application Frameworks like SpringBoot, Play
- Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Sharing and being able to explain your ideas to others
- Agile Principles which can be used to drive genuine change
- Industry Practices like Continuous Integration & Delivery (CI/CD) and automated testing
- Software Architecture and an appreciation for what it takes to design robust maintainable systems
Other desirable skills…
- Enterprise Microservices or Serverless development
- Cloud, Automation and DevOps
- Containers and container orchestrators: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio
- Distributed Data technologies such as Kafka, Cassandra, Neo4j
- Data Driven Practices & Approaches - Realtime Streaming, Messaging, Event Driven Architectures, CQRS
- Machine learning
- History of client facing or consultancy roles
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to peers and clients
We’ll give you…
- A highly competitive basic salary
- 5% matched contributory pension
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays (plus and extra day for each year of service)
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- A high spec laptop (of course!)
Need more reasons? Heres a few more...
- Work with some of the most exciting new technologies
- Spark off co-workers who’ll challenge your thinking and help you to achieve your potential
- Deal openly and honestly with customers
- Benefit from a transparent environment including regular company meetings where we discuss anything and everything
- Have exceptional opportunities as a speaker, blogger and contributor to open source projects. We have some great connections in the wider technology community that we encourage our team to make the most of!
- Work alongside senior leaders who understand and value passionate technologists;
- Enjoy coming to work! We’re a friendly, sociable bunch who genuinely support each other and have a lot of fun